Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Life Science Graduate Prospects
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 07:20 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencysciency View Post
Hi all,

I am just wondering the average time for a life science graduate (local/overseas bachelor degree holder) to obtain a job in the research industry (i.e at A*star, research centres, hospitals)?

I graduated last year with a first class honours overseas and found that I was not getting many replies from the HR departments, after providing a full CV and appropriate referees' details via their websites/ emailing directly. I also tried applying directly to the group leader or head of department but there were no replies. I was offered unpaid internships as a research intern (without an appropriate end period).

Is it a norm for graduates to be offered these internships or to get no replies from HR? I applied about 50+ research jobs and was called up for 4 interviews so far.

Thanks for your time!
Give you a hint. Best thing is not staying in labs but end up in some sales and marketing jobs in big pharma. Depends on your luck, the drugs usually sell by itself and you need not put in iota of effort. You jet set all over the world staying in top hotel, handshake top doctors.

Hard thing is how you make a break into the industry.

You are gonna regret staying in labs. Go Fcuk PAP and Philip Yeo's BS glamorizing labs.

FCUK PAP FCUK FCUK FCUK their propaganda for ruining our young Singaporeans.

A normal salary for big pharma is at least 16 month salary per year, and more often than not, more than this number. Very easy to hit more than 100k per year at early 30s.