Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Dilemma
Thread: Dilemma
View Single Post
Old 19-04-2015, 03:59 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Firstly, congratulations on both offers!

Let me guess... Big Daddy Deloitte? If so, Deloitte's consulting division (Strategy and operations), along with PwC's after they acquired Booz, are by far the most established. Deloitte S&O is somewhat perceived to be a very strong Tier 2 firm closely after MBB (IN THE US), so choosing them will garner you some prestige points on your resume.

Local bank MA programs may struggle to compete with BB so I am not sure if joining one, especially if, like other posters mentioned, you get unlucky with rotation cycles and end up at HR or FO in a sales role.

Check out Wall Street Oasis, there are some very similar threads there that may be of more relevance in terms of the Big 4 MC branch in London.

Cheers
Hi

Thanks for the response. I'm aware of the exit opps and the career track in London and in NY. However, there seem to be very little discussion and resources on consulting in Singapore. Moreover, it seemed that the big 4 do not recruit many fresh grads MCers (excluding tech), so it is difficult to track career paths even from linkedin.

My real purpose for starting the thread is really to find out more about the consulting scene in SG as SG is where I see my career developing in the future.