Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Market Analyst
Thread: Market Analyst
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 01:59 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwormm View Post
Thank you for filling me in on the industrial standards which I clearly am not aware of (even though I am still in awe after stepping into their office)! Regardless, I have to agree that those qualities are basic indeed and based on that I deserve no special treatment over my peers.

During the interview earlier, topics covered was nothing formal and it even went slightly personal at times. I am guessing perhaps I did not fare well enough in order for the interviewer to move on to those topics; since the interviewer commented, towards the end, that my cv looks better than the stack but my lack in confidence was questioned. I supposed that was derived by the question I was asked, "if I were to offer you a position in trading, will you take it up?" Naturally, as much as I would love to, I feel that my foundations are not ready for me to take on such a role since I understand the importance and risk of it. Perhaps I might have over-mentioned how I prefer to be prepared in order to minimize risk that made the interviewer feel that way?

Nevertheless, none of the expected scenario came up and I was told, without me asking, that the processing time will take around 1 month and I will receive a phone call then. Nothing about salary or starting date was prompted. It feels as if I have shot myself in the foot from some of the things I have mentioned during the session but nonetheless I must move on, time to send out more applications that is. Good experience/ reminder despite probably missing a good opportunity.
this is a trap. there are looking to spend effort to groom a market analyst, not a trader. nor someone who wants to make the jump to a trader later on. too many analysts left for trading jobs and its pissing every manager off.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app