Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HR will come back to you with an offer, which you will either agree or you don't. This offer has to be approved by the management (Chief) and you will be informed duly after 1 or 2 weeks. You will have to go for security clearance, depending on the nature of your role. Then, medical review and during this time, they will draft up an offer letter in parallel. The entire process is not that sloow if they are interested to have you on board.

The general rule of thumb is that you can forget about the role if you have not heard from them after two weeks. It may also mean that they are currently still interviewing other candidates and have not come to a decision yet. You have to understand there are a lot of applicants, and they have many choices to choose from.
Yes. The process will be super fast if you have good credentials e.g. Ivy League or 1st Class. The general pool can take up to 1-2 months.

For me, I did the psychometric test way before. When I applied, I was called for the first interview at MHRD within a week upon application. Immediately after the interview, the hiring manager called and arranged for a site preview in the 2nd week. Received a verbal offer 2 days after from MHRD and concurrently scheduled for a medical review.

The process could be as fast as 2 weeks from the initial interview (excludes psychometric test) to the verbal offer, depending on your credentials and the urgency for that position.