Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Mid career crisis
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 10:44 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Different agencies use different benchmarks and remuneration packages . Various agencies have to pay competitive to attract top talents. Esp true for those with specialized skills e.g. Mindef vs IDA vs MHA etc. So an "A" on one agency could mean "B" or "C+" in another. Scheme and grade also play a big part. For example, I would rather get a "C" in IO than an "A" in "MSO" scheme. At the end of day, what matter most is how relevant you are and how you relate to your peers and bosses.

Fyi they dont vary that much, and i aldy asked the HR about the different grades and the associated payout, they are the SAME. Not talking at stat boards as i am only familiar with ministries. Some ministries pay more, thus it affects ur basic salary, NOT PB.

Throughout my stay in CS, i have only gotten really bad bonuses in 2009 and 2010 where the year end bonus was 0.5 months. Other that that, i was averaging 5.5 mo a yr with B grades.

C is 1.5, b is 2.5 A can b 2.75 or 3, this is cery standard across all ministries. At the end of the day, u wont be a millionaire in CS but u wont starve.

Thanks all for the advice, i decided to take up offer 2, figured that is the least i could do for my country.