Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 09:42 AM
Unregistered

Let's assume you are 48 and your spouse is 42 and you both will retire at 65. Based on your savings rate of $40k pa, you would have saved an additional $680k when you retire at 65. Your spouse would have saved $1.035m when she is 65. Your condo mortgage would also be paid off by then. So, your net worth in total would have increased by $2.075 and your net worth would be $3.775m. You will be multi millionaire couple. You can retire happily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a typical middle class guy in my late 40s earning a gross income of $160k pa. Spends my money on home mortgage (shared), car loan payment and car related expenses, taxes, utilities, broadband, financial support to aging parents, kids' tuition, my personal expenses, holidays, etc. Managed to save only $40k pa. Spouse is in her early 40s earning $125k pa. She spends on groceries, home mortgage (shared), children's pocket money, taxes, financial support for her old parents, her personal stuff, branded bags, etc. She saves $45k pa.

We live like any middle class family, living in a condo and drive a car. We still have loans on both the condo and car. Our home loan is about $360k left and our car loan is about $40k left. We go out to eat at restaurants once a week and we go for overseas holidays twice a year.

Our total net worth (which includes the condo home equity, cash, stocks and CPF funds) is about $1.7m in total. Are we doing ok?