Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 19-03-2015, 04:28 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
when ppl tok about front office, we are usually referring to ppl who are earning more than 8k as a fresh grad.

same for MA... i don't know what kind of MA you are signing up for... but the real one typically pays around 4.3-5k.
I'm not from SIM but this is a f**king stupid comment. Front office basically means any revenue generating role and that includes any form of commercial sales.

To even insinuate that you have to earn a minimum salary to consider yourself front office is inherently idiotic. Are you suggesting that an Ibanker for a local bank that makes 4-5k is not front office?

Also, when people say FO they would include IB with it - the front office that you were alluding to. The previous poster did not say that he was in IB FO, he was not wrong when he said that he was working in front office. I do concede that perhaps he is not privy to the various tier of MA programmes available, and hence might have misunderstood or not appreciate the 'quality' of candidates in some of the programmes.

However, that fella was just trying to share his experience in consumer sales. For God sake, don't belittle his contributions just because it is not an elite and exclusive front office job. IB FO is not the only revenue-generating job in the world, so please do yourself a favour and try not to look ignorant!