Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 15-03-2015, 08:58 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It's true what you are saying. I have not disagreed with this point.
My point is to serve a reminder to the guy who claims that all "rich people do bad things" and that rich people only want to upgrade and get better etc.

I think everyone in this forum is already above the poverty line. So everyone here is trying to accumulate more retirement nest egg.

So I'm merely saying he shouldn't be pointing fingers at others.

We haven't talked about moderation. I am just saying that it is human nature to want more. Of course what you said is all true. That's our aspiration of course but we can't demy our human greed. And that everyone is greedy. But we should choose the middle ground.
I want to add to your point about giving and being happy. It is obviously true. It has been said by so many people before. And I have also given more than I have ever before ever since having more money. In fact I have given so much now compared to before, when I was just starting out working and working so hard to earn pittance that I spent all my energy just saving money and trying to grow my money. I also didn't have time to volunteer. Now that I have both time and money, I give both of these generously to people. I don't look at charities of churches to give money to because I just can't trust them but I help a few families who live in one room flats. I spend time talking to them and making connections for them to get jobs.

That is very satisfying no doubt.

I still like my birkins and exotic cars. And am glad I am able to afford them. They don't make me happy you are right and I don't accumulate many of them like jamie chua with the bags. They do give me pleasure. It's just a personal preference that I don't like to carry cloth bags or logo bags and I can afford hermes bags.

Please don't call me names.