Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 14-03-2015, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

Rest what case? It is ok for those at 55 and older to be passing the baton to the younger generation. If the older generation still have the fire in their bellies, they should not deprived of the opportunities to contribute further. More so for those without the $5m!

What is worrying is the younger generation lulling themselves into a complacement mindset that what they have now is good enough. Anecdotal examples abound where old retirees found out too late what they thought were enough when they retired years back are now woefully inadequate.

You only need to see how the gahmen keeps upping the medisave and special amounts year after year.

For us, in our mid 50s, progressing need not, and does not mean working longer/older nor taking on more responsibilities at work. In the financial aspects, progress for us would mean seeking out and establishing other sources of incomes especially the passive sources. While we are still working these passive income sources help supplement our work incomes and in our retirement, they will become our main income source.

You should try building up your passive income sources when young and see them grow as you aged. It like seeing your children grow up and taking care of you eventually. People who are into this constantly seek out opportunities, compare and learn from each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You are right that we should aspire higher but there will be a point when there is no need to.

For instance, your combined net worth with your wife now is $5m, so would you at the old age of 55 should still aspire to buy a GCB costing $10m? I doubt so. I rest my case.