Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Assistant Director position in Government Agencies
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm not sure how they will take into account the higher bonuses they pay in deriving the monthly salary to offer. But I think they also look at parity with officers of the same level of experience in the organisation. This should work in your advantage, since you have so many years of experience, and most of your peers in the civil service would already be earning at least $6k, unless they feel that your experience is not relevant. So, think of ways to explain how your experience and skills would help in your prospective job.

Another thing they would consider is how far your expected salary is to the salary ceilng of the grade. Normally, they would not place somebody too near the salary ceiling.
Agree. But many years ago, I went thru a public service job interview. The HR was quick to slash my asking salary citing that the bonus will easily cover what I asked for. Quite scary at the way they proposed the package. I guess cos they have a long queue of interviewees waiting to be called up.

Thanks for your input too.