Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2015, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I wld like to clarify that I have not heard of any 3k x 12 offers. In a certain big 4 dept (as previously mentioned a few times in the last page) the first yr salary is 3.5k x 12. No aws, no bonus.

All other depts are 2.7k x 12 + bonus. Someone here mentioned 3k so maybe big 4 has adjusted their starting salary for 2015. For 2014 fresh grad pay was still 2.7k.

I also agree with some other comments here regarding big 4 in general. 90% of people who enter big 4 treat it as a stepping stone to get into mncs after 3-4 years of experience. only those truly crazy stay on past yr 5 to become managers and continue earning the lousy pay for the crazy hours. big 4 like to say they give good increments but even if 6k after 6 years is good, dont forget most people work 8 hour days while as a manager you will be working closer to 10, not to mention bringing work home or working over the wkends which is the norm during peak periods. once you factor in all the extra work you do, your hourly rate is probably no better than a jc temp staff after a-levels.

i used to be from big 4, left and never looked back.
The problem with big4 is unless u make it to partner level and get the generous profit sharing scheme, the bonuses are so pathetic that its just not worth all the crazy hours.

We are not even talking about comparing to big boys in rich industries like banking or oil/gas .... The typical big4 Manager / Director gets like 2-3 mths on average and maybe 5 mths for top performer without even AWS. It's just not worth working 70-90hr work week for this sort of package.