Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Great Eastern Life
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 07:45 PM

yourplaceormine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Its an insurance sale oriented internship (actually 'course' would be a better word). I have been through it during my yr2 as I could not land any other internships then.

Basically, you will have to attend motivation/self help talks, lessons which prepares you for all the insurance exams, and courses on how to sell insurance. It has nothing to do with the entrepreneurship that you might be thinking of. As the previous poster said, 'entrepreneur' refers to selling insurance in their speak. And chances are, you will not learn any skills that is transferable to other parts of finance sector (Except for sales).

There r many reason y they are doing this internship year after year..
1. They need undergrad to help them raise their passing rate.
2. Its an extremely good advertising avenue for them. By taking in 100+ undergrad each year, they have immediate access to 100+ families. And you will also be made to walk around in their GE T-shirt during one of their 'health-awareness day', which is essentially one giant advertisement campaign, where you see a huge group of youngster in red walking around the cbd area.
3. Among the 100+ undergrad, all they need is just one potential super-agent to recover all the cost.

seems like they are making use of u, but if you have no other alternative, this is actually not a bad idea...
1. I genuinely think it was a very fun experience
2. The things you learn is going to be useful for you as an individual. Insurance is an essential part of our personal financial planning.
3. those agents are rich, they treat you good food from time to time.

In conclusion, don't do it if you can find other internships. Otherwise, give it a go and enjoy the experience.
Wow didn't think i could get input from someone who has actually been through the program. Thanks for your input on the internship. I am also treating it as my last resort (kind of) if i can't land any other internships. Thanks!