Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Mid career crisis
View Single Post
Old 23-02-2015, 11:20 AM

infernolord is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, just take the posts on this forum lightly. Many of them may not be true. Even if it's true, those who post are usually the ones who are proud of their achievements (and therefore, the salary will be skewed towards the high side). For each successful one, there are many others who are not doing well.

7k at early 30s is actually good - you're definitely doing better than your peers at your age. The reason why you may feel dissatisfied is because you're probably comparing your salary to the industry standards in the investments industry.

Your current job as a junior fund manager is good. Just learn as you go, develop the necessary skills, and progress from there. You're still young, and you're actually doing well - just that you may not realise it.

Don't be too hard on yourself. All the best.
Thank for your encouragement.
What really worry me is that I feel I am not progressing. Sometime I feel I should not be in this line.
Having 9 yrs plus in AM, it took me so long to find another job. In fact based on my cv, most job that I was offered was either contract or even a pay cut from my previous firm.

Now that I found one, which is a very small firm. I still feel insecure. Because of the size of the firm, at any time I might get retrenched. I am in fact almost mid 30s, thinking of my future scares me. What if, I am married with kids, another 7mths to a yr jobless is really unimaginable.