Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Advice needed: where to go with FCH?
View Single Post
Old 18-02-2015, 09:29 AM
Unregistered

Hi, to the OP: first of all, congratulations for attaining such good results (I'm a FCH as well so I know what it is like). However, unfortunately, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but except for management consultancy at the MBB level (the big 3) and S&T, there's not much differentiation between getting first class and second upper. Internships > Relevant CCAs/Grades > Non relevant CCAs

The point of getting good results is to help you land good internships. The point of good internships is to allow you to land a good job. It wasn't the way in the past but applications have become more competitive - you need to show you are suitable for the job and people have begun to one-up one another at internships.

All is not lost however - if you work really hard and prepare for interviews, you can still get decent jobs - it does suck to feel like "you missed the boat for internships" but there's always biz school (MBA level) - you can make a competitive application if you plan 3 years early if you want to get high flying jobs.

Note that my comment is based on the general majority - there are people who need neither GPA, internships or networking to get to where they want or earn a lot of $$ (but for the same reason why you shouldn't drop out of school just because Mark Zuckerburg did, its not really advisable)