Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Assistant Director position in Government Agencies
View Single Post
Old 13-02-2015, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It seems like most people here either don't work in the CS or don't know what they are talking about.

Anyway I have talked to the HR of MAS. These are the job titles and typical career progression for graduates, fyi.

1st year: Training Officer (TO)
2nd year: Senior Officer 1
4th yr: Senior Officer 2 (Associate)
7th yr or more: Senior Officer 3 (Assistant Director)
Which HR person did you talk to? Was it someone high up Director & above?

TBH I am quite surprised HR say & commit this sort of thing with precise timelines of career progression for a graduate. Anyway I don't think the timelines for Associate and AD is correct.

You certainly do not need to work in MAS for 4 years to reach Associate level. Neither is the promotion to AD @ 7 years accurate. 7 years is possible, but only for small minority of high performers or special skillsets they hire from outside. Most people reach AD in MAS usually need about 9-12 years of relevant experience.

If what the HR say to you is accurate, I should be seeing a lot of 29-32 yr old male / and 27-30 yr old female associates, this seems older than the MAS associates I know who are mostly in their mid 20s. Similary for the AD side, I should be seeing a lot of 32 yr old male & 30 yr old female ADs. Again this doesn't really tally as most MAS junior ADs I've seen are all mid to late 30s.