Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HAHAHA. That's what they all say. "Im not born with a silver spoon, my parents not very rich." It doesn't matter, the fact is, many of you use your 'network' to get jobs instead of actually earning them fair and square, same goes to many local uni grads themselves.
there's nothing wrong leveraging on your network to find a role and in fact it's probably the best way for a company to find suitable candidates, quickly. i must imagine you have a hard time with your network, or simply jealous that other people (and SIM grads) do it better than you.

imagine you manage a team that is short-staffed and your trusted subordinate recommends and vouches for a candidate that he/she personally knows and had worked with, into your team. of course you are free to draw straws from the newspaper/internet applicant pool.

that said, i've seen less-deserving candidates land roles in which they simply perform with such mediocrity and 2nd rate attitude, and frankly does someeeeewhat validate some of your cynical view of "networking". but know that referred-candidates will always be "pressured" not to be a disappointment.

also nothing wrong being born with a silver spoon - end of the day, it's you who should make the most of what you have, rich or poor, network or no network, and not blame the government or go SIM-bashing on those who do better than you.