Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 12:23 AM

Fearoftheunknown is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I once interviewed with a stat board. The first question is introduce myself. I spent abt 15 mins to cover my experience and qualifications. the interviewer asked 1 or 2 questions in between. Then the second question is what question do I have for them. I asked only one question which is how soon can I expect the result. I was told to wait for their update in 2 weeks. The whole thing took 20mins, as opposed to the 1 hour scheduled. I feel for sure screwed up. But in the end I got the offer...
Is it really a must to spend 15 mins introducing yourself? I always thought the "Intro yourself/Tell me more about yourself" is like a mini appetizer before the main dish. If they are interested to know more about your job experience or academic background, they would definitely proceed to inquire you...My intro part is at most 5 sentences, giving them a generic idea of what I am currently doing, and what I do outside of work. I totally forgot about mentioning my academic qualifications, which I hope it does not matter too much since I am already in the work force.

My interview is long because the interviewers not only ask many questions, but they also talk ALOT about the position. It all boils down to the interviewers' style I think. I pray that it is a good sign, cos I doubt interviewers would want to share so much info if they did not see potential in you. They might as well chop chop end the interview and call in the next candidate so as not to waste their time.