Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - am I underpaid?
Thread: am I underpaid?
View Single Post
Old 15-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
should I really move to Macdonalds and quit my stint in a BB FO?

I too believe strongly in passion. I have passion in what i do and the money only goes to the VPs and MDs. wheras I feel severly exploited, underpaid and humilated, doing **** work and i think the secretary is higher paid than me.

I used to think many pple would want my job but my pay is killing my passion and I cant even lead a normal lifestyle with my limited pay..

i can only rant here...

take home 1.6k is biggest joke of all time. i am the biggest joke of all time eventhough many pple envy my job

Sorry but what does BB stand for? :P i get FO as front office. Anyway i thought nowadays only those graduates who start of in consumer banking operations get a starting pay of like 2k/mth....

I started in SME banking ops as a contract staff earning only 1800/mth then 2k/mth after becoming a perm staff.

2k - 2.2k after moving to middle office
2.2k - 2.4k following year increment
2.4k - 2.9k after being retained after resigning
2.9k - 3.8k moving to another bank
3.8k - 4k increment for the following year
4k-4.4k moving to another bank.

So after 5 years since starting i have gone from 1.8k to 4.4k. still find it a tad low tho. So depending on what you are doing (especially if you know the job is of high value outside) just grit your teeth and take that shitty pay for at LEAST ONE year. Maybe 2 if you can just for the experience. After that you can jump ship easily especially if what you are doing is in high demand. People will just waive 20-30% increments at you to get you to come over.