Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - HR-related Jobs - How much are you earning?
View Single Post
Old 29-01-2015, 05:44 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
just graduated with a degree in communications (hons) and am interested in pursuing a career in compensation and benefits having dabbled in HR briefly while i was still schooling.

i've read through some posts on this thread and it seems like whatever experience gained as a HR exec/generalist would be of no(t much) value when it comes to specialized roles like c&b, l&d etc. yet at the same time, it's remotely possible to land a c&b job as a fresh grad. so what are my options then? would anyone be so kind to advice how i should proceed from here? thanks!
Are you a ntu comms studies graduate?

I'm a comms degree holder (good honours) too and I applied for a few HR positions in the civil service, even generalist ones, because I'm interested in getting into training or org devt type roles eventually, but not even shortlisted for any interviews.

It's so competitive out there that even when they say 'any degree' and 'open to fresh grads' they'll usually hire those with relevant internships and/or the plethora of biz/psychology grads.