Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - HR-related Jobs - How much are you earning?
View Single Post
Old 28-01-2015, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, thanks for your reply.
You mean this is not a good course? So, most of the Singapore company won't recognize this certs?
But they told me they are recognize by Singapore Education system and the degree is offer by "Edinburgh Napier University" one of the Top 20 in the UK Universities?
I am really confusing now, i don't want to waste my money and time to get a unrecognize that can't help on my career. Do you have more information to share with me? Thanks so much, i really need some info to help me make decision. thanks again.
I don't know about this Edinburgh Napier University, best is for you to go MOE website and check if this university is recognized by government. Can also call them just to be sure. If it is maybe you still have a chance in a deg gov job though you will rank behind local u, SIM & other private full time aussie degrees. Also being Malaysian means a sizable chunk of jobs in more sensitive ministries / stat board is out for you.

As for any degree affliated with SHRI, don't have too high hopes for the private sector. The global MNCs or local listed companies don't give 2 hoots about SHRI and none of their senior HR people want to have anything to do with them. They will likely hire you as a freshie poly grad.

For SMEs the towkays cannot even be bothered to find out whats the difference between 1 distance learning degree from another. SHRI tires to market itself like the CFA/CPA equivalent of HR, but you will hardly find any HR professional worth his/her salt involved with them.