Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 26-01-2015, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

As a fresh grad, an employer would obviously take local U over private U. Take it that one does have anything under their belt such as a CFA or other certifications, fresh grad to fresh grad, private U candidates will have a harder time finding the type of employment they want. I say this because a lot of business students always want to aim for a banking position which is a joke to begin with seeing as how these people have to idea what the business organisation entails and what is the job scope.

That being said, SIM love to pride themselves on being street smart. Lets face it, if you have good academic qualifications, you wouldn't need to latch onto these intangible qualities to try and feel relevant to society. You will never hear SMU NTU NUS business students claiming they are street smart even though they are. These people know that to get a foot through the door in the finance industry, they have to more than being loud mouths.

SIM people, be humble and ask yourself. Its simple
Didn't make it to local U? Fine, you aren't smart enough. Go private U.
Go private U, employment prospects not as even.
So face it, your not smart enough. Be it genetic or lazy, you are where you are today, accept it and move on. Stop harpering on the fact that you see yourself as equal or more to local U students.
Seriously, just admit it. "I didn't study hard enough". "I just can't". "I'm not smart enough"

I find it pretty disgusting that people are unwilling to accept their flaws and try to bring themselves up with arrogance or bring others down with jealousy.