Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Commercial property job market (development/investment)
View Single Post
Old 19-01-2015, 05:38 PM

courboy is on a distinguished road
Default Commercial property job market (development/investment)

Hi all

I’ve been reading through various posts and there’s a wealth of using information and advice here.

I have used the search facility but my sector has been covered very little. I’m currently working in London for a commercial property developer and am looking to move to Singapore in the near future. I just wondered if there is anybody else working in the same sector and what type of package etc I could be likely to expect.

I have an undergraduate degree in business finance from a top 5 UK university and a masters degree in real estate finance from Cambridge. Previously I was a hedge fund trader and have been working in commercial property development for around 6 years. My skills probably span across finance and property and I’m earning a base package of around 90k GBP.

I know the employment legislation has changed recently and it’s more difficult for expats to relocate to Singapore and the preference for sourcing local talent however, wondered what my chances of success would be. Most of my experience has been over industrial and logistics property and I would imagine companies such as Prologis and Primerica would be potential suitors.

Again - thank you in advance and hopefully somebody is able to help.