Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Advice needed on career/education
View Single Post
Old 15-01-2015, 01:15 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
That's why I mention taking cfa or mba. I didn't say now, I want to achieve. Anyway that's just a intetest.

And going in big 4 at the right time Isint that hard. I have friend 0 experience in accounts + passed 4 papers In acca getting in big 4 because his brother pulled him in. It's about networking and timing.

With ARAP experience just last year, I was called by one of the big 4 to do online IQ test but I didnt take it seriously and did not complete so could not get to the next stage.
So do you have the network in the investment industry or even the big4 firms? In the end did you get even secure a entry level job in big4? Did any investment bank or hedge fund house call you? No right?

What's the point of saying tautological things like it is easy as long as you have the network, easy as long as you take it seriously, easy as long as you have the right exp etc. etc. when the fact is you have none of these things?

For a 25 year guy making only 2.1k, you are currently falling behind even most of your normal poly diploma peers. What make you think in the next few years you are suddenly going to be a stellar career success getting massive increments every year when all career indications up to now are mediocre and below average?

It is all good to be optimistic and learn new things to improve yourself, but you should take a hard look at yourself and set some realistic goals instead of blind optimisim. Already you made a mistake by taking ACCA when you want to move into investment space, time to either do damage control and make the best with what you have or take immediate action to change course towards your goal.