Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Advice needed on career/education
View Single Post
Old 14-01-2015, 09:03 PM

Vincent is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, dude. I am from fund management myself and I would say the other guys are right about the 'fund manager' part. You are quite some distance away from your goal, as the industry typically do not care about ACCA, distance learning certs or accounting experience as relevant. The stable job, 4-rm flat & car is possible, but maybe just not the fund manager part right now.

You can continue to try and hope, maybe if you are incredibly lucky and can find some 'gui ren' for it to happen. But until then, you should at least recognise that your current course of action is not accretive to the outcome you are seeking.

Either find some more interesting job than accounts, if it's not your cup of tea, or continue in accounts if it pays the bills. It's not going to magically transform into a way in to become a fund manager.

Thank for the advice. I also think it's possible to achieve 4room + car maybe a bit more difficult. Because I know of people achieving it.

On the fund manager part, it is just my interest in investment related field, if can of course I would want to take it as career. If can't then I will stick to accounts/tax/audit. Maybe after graduating from Acca then Cfa then decide again.