Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 08:19 AM
Unregistered

mental and physical health is more important than money. if you lose one or worse, both, than life will be meaningless. if your job is causing you health issues, it is best you quit before you go crazy. don't be a slave to your job. but you will have to make sacrifices and changes and seek your family's understanding.

i used to be a high flying corporate executive, travelling the world, jetting here and there. i enjoyed the high life until it took a toll on me. i had developed a medical condition which was due to my job life style.

it was a wake up call. i had a long discussion with my wife and family members. they urged me to quit immediately and they were willing to make some sacrifices as they love me dearly. so i quit. we sold our terrace house which was worth a fortune, paid off the loan and we downgraded to a penthouse condo which is half the size of our previous house. we got used to it by now. today, i run a small business which is a lot easier to manage and i am very happy. my health improved and best of all we are debt free. i am able to even save more than previously as i realised that i spent a lot eve though i earned a lot. i quit my expensive bad habits too.