Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much savings do you have?
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

I wouldn't be so quick to rubbish this, as this really is happening on the ground. That people are indeed renting out rooms to strangers, not just to foreigners (eg M'sians) but also to Singaporeans who either cannot/don't want to stay with their own families.

Already I have 2 M'sians colleagues who rented rooms in HDBs while the owners (not so elderly couples) still staying there. My colleagues are paying about $600 - $800 pm.

And thinking back, when I was an undergraduate at NUS, a couple of my classmates and I (Singaporeans all) rented rooms in flats near NUS - Dover, Ghim Moh and Clementine areas. I am very sure students are still doing this, ie renting rooms in flats around the areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
all these talk about when retiring, can rent out 2 rooms to get passive income is pure bulls**t. Imagine when you are 60-70+ years old, would you want to share your home with a bunch of strangers? of course not! you work so hard all your life and the least you want is just to rest in privacy in your own home and not have tons of strangers around in your retirement. who knows what dangers they may bring and also disrupt your peace... all these posters about renting out rooms for passive income in retirement are just talk only.. by the 16-17 years old posters...