Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Salary for Assistant Admin
View Single Post
Old 30-12-2014, 09:52 AM
Verified Member

Joannee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Hi Joanne

As you are still in a fresh diploma sort of career level, there is really no need to think about switching career tracks to marketing, sales and logistics etc.

There is still some room to go in the admin space especially in small companies. You need to be more observant in terms of the different kinds of admin taking place and find some areas that you think you yourself can grow and add value.

Common areas of admin in small companies can be things like office/facilities management, manpower/payroll, events support, secretarial duties for senior management etc. It is less risky for yourself and also more convincing for the boss if you suggest to naturally branch out your work to more related stuff instead of just going to the boss and declare you want a career change.
Hi Brian

Pertaining to your question “common areas of admin in small companies can be things like office/facilities management, manpower/payroll, events support, secretarial duties for senior management etc.”
To my bosses nor my colleague their thinking is that admin is a “cost” to company and admin responsibly is to do all the paper work in the office be it sales nor service but for benefits wise will never come to admin department.
I had a so called supervisor above me which have been working in this company almost 20 years her pay just only $3000 plus benefit for her is 26 days leave per year this was given to her about 5 years back.
Do you still think that I can still grow on admin job scope in this company?