Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Salary for Assistant Admin
View Single Post
Old 30-12-2014, 09:23 AM
Verified Member

Joannee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how come you have a diploma but have no idea?

Hi

Good day to you!

I thought that marketing is all about market your product, advertise, promotion and sales mainly admin job, coordinator is all about coordinator/assist with sales terms but in my company we do not have any position in marketing, all sales personal doing this role.
I had a fear thought came to my mind when I told one of my colleague that I wanted to hands on some marketing job. He passed me all our product catalogue as me to read and wanted me to know what we are selling and which customer is suitable for which brand etc, he claimed that I should know our product well when customer ask me.
Well, I understand you should know your product well so that you can market it nor promote it.
What came to my mind is than what the sales personal is doing? Am I entitled to commission too ?
and My role is admin cum marketing not full marketing role. As far as I know my boss willing to give me $100-$200 add on only as mention earlier on I am a “cost” to the company.
My First thought was there should be a basic marketing job that is suitable for admin to do like printing of poster, arrange seminar, exhibition, cold call, (Seeking for more advise now. ) for the beginning so that I have the picture on the basic arrangement than I can go further on from there, have to step one step forward in order to go into marketing field.
Please assist to advise me thanks.