Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - job offer - salary for managing director role
View Single Post
Old 27-12-2014, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

The private sector has a lot of risks and we get rewarded for taking the high risks. Some of us got rewarded big time while some lose big time. I was fortunate to be the former. I used to work in the fast paced, high stressed environment in the FO of the finance industry. The top guns they call it. I made a lot over the years I worked there. I managed to build up a big investment portfolio which allows me to retire at 43. Now I earn a passive income of $180k pa and retired. Our household expenses is $80k pa. Debt free too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
nowadays a lot of public sector employees getting more and more greedy. always want to compare with high payers in private sector yet cling on to job stability and work life balance.

working in a stat board myself, i always content as long pay is slightly below average to average in the market. if anything more is bonus. i have some colleagues always complain pay and bonus progression too slow, yet not willing to take the risk outside, just unhappy everyday at work. no point.