Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - People in the Finance industry, please come in and share
View Single Post
Old 23-12-2014, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Interesting career path. I always thought the skills for prop trading is not very relevant to sell side trading.

Sorry to divert from your question, but I'm just curious, did you enjoy working as a prop trader? How does it compare to sell side trading? Also, how did you make the jump from prop trading to sell side trading?
def enjoyed working as a prop trader. i did not face a single monday blue and i look fwd to work everyday. prop and sell side is 2 totally different thing. the former involves having your own pnl and that alone determines pretty much everything. the latter involves servicing and building relations with your clients, bringing in as much comms as you can. both have different stress levels. for prop, its the pnl. for sell side trader, it's the cb clients that you have to face and be polite with, aka por lam pa.

i wanted more stability in my job and hours, so i decided to go for a change and went for a few interviews. had 2 to choose from. 1) big china investment arm as their research analyst/trader 2) sell side trader for a BB. eventually swayed by BB's higher offer. thinking back, i may have more things to learn from 1) than 2).

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app