Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Cambridge Associates
View Single Post
Old 23-12-2014, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
A simple linkedin search debunks this nonsense about CA being so prestigious and elite that they only accept oxbridge types. These are just a random sampling of people I found online who are working in CA now.

Out of the 7 random profiles, only 1 came from MIT (somewhat comparable to oxbridge), the rest all appear to have academic backgrounds in normal universities or colleges. Even the 1 MIT guy did not join CA after his MIT MBA, he went to a number of places first before joining CA.

Another thing is CA has a ridiculous number of people calling themselves Directors or Managing Directors on linkedin for a mid-small hedge fund firm. Most are probably just Analyst/AVP types in large investment banks.

I personally don't think a Cambridge/Oxford/Harvard/CBS/Insead type fresh from school will join CA as their first or second job.
Good digging. I was doubting how come a company like CA who cannot even match starting pay for local banking fresh associates/analyst can afford to choose only top universities.

Looks like a lot of false rumours going around.