Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Got a job offer but a better one might be coming. Need advice.
View Single Post
Old 13-12-2014, 06:34 PM

Nik is on a distinguished road
Default Got a job offer but a better one might be coming. Need advice.

Hi all,

So, I got a job offer (contract-based) at a new company where the salary is slightly lower than my previous company's salary. Reason being that I don't have much experience in the job scope that this company is providing me with. Let's call this Company A.
I'll be signing the letter in the coming week.

Problem now is: another company (Company B) just contacted me and despite me not able to meet all the requirements listed in the job ad, they are willing to give me a chance by asking me to do some stuff as a test of skill, which I've done and sent to them.
There's a 50-50% chance I might get hired for this company as my skillset and experience is very similar to what they're doing.

Problem is, if Company A calls me down to sign the letter and Company B isn't in time to reply yet, should I just sign Company A's employment letter while waiting for Company B? And when Company B really gives me the job, then I quit Company A?

I just feel that if I do this, I'm kinda wasting Company A's time.
More importantly, once I sign and start work at Company A (immediate), it'll be harder for me to go down to Company B for interviews etc.

But it's not guaranteed I'll get Company B's job, but there's a good chance.

Anyone faced similar situations before?