Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Unhappy in new job
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 12:41 PM

aspenx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinnous View Post
This TS is a female la... That's y looking for a family oriented job cuz I hv a young child. I only hv diploma, so no, I'm not in some senior managerial position. My current colleagues there are a few unmarried ladies in their 40s. And I can feel the resistance towards me. Am I considered a threat? Seriously if I know... But I cannot turn back e time now.
I prefer to stay in government industry, or at least in e education industry because it is family oriented. And another thing is that private sector is unable to pay what I'm getting now lor. Even another statboard also say I'm overqualified. How to move?
If you are considering quitting, do take note that you will really feel the reduction in household income if you're not prepared for it. What seemed cheap/affordable previously will make you think twice as you keep applying for new jobs and get anxious.

Just for your reference, in a previous previous job, it took me more than 6 months to get my next job while I was still working. The next move I made took me 5 months of full-time job searching with no steady income in the meantime. Thankfully I have no dependents to support so it made it just a little bit better.

You will have to brace yourself if you want to get out of your current job. Its likely not going to be easy from the information you have provided so far.