Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

How do you define rich?

Nowadays, you are nothing with $1m networth.

I read somewhere in this forum that there was an attempt to categorise the different wealth level in Singapore. I think there were roughly 5 tiers (family or HH networth):

Tier 1: > $250m (think there were 50 families)
Tier 2: $100m - $250m
Tier 3: $50m - $100m
Tier 4: $10m - $40m
Tier 5: <$10m

As you can see, the bandwidth gets narrower at the net worth gets lower. Even then there was a lot of debate in this forum to further subdivide tier 5 as follows:

Tier 5a : $5m - $10m
Tier 5b : $3m - $5m
Tier 5c : $1m - $3m
Tier 5d : <$1m

As far as I am concerned, only tier 4 and above people are rich. Tier 5 people are the middle and lower classes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Get real dude. "Real" rich ppl dont come here to post all these. "Real" rich ppl doesn't flaunt their wealth around esp in forums coz they are trying to hide their riches from the public.

In fact they wont even share how they get rich in the first place. If you dont believe, ask the "real" rich ppl and hear what they say. Most of them will just give the standard answer Oh I work hard and invest properly. BUT is it really that simple? If so simple, the whole world will be flooded with rich ppl lol.

Most of these so call "rich" forumers in here are at best upper middle. I admit they r lucky once in a while to invest in the right property etc, but get real thats before the financial crisis (2009 - 2013) and property boom (2010 - 2012). Ask them do it now and they will keep quiet.

In fact I suspect alot of these "rich" forumers here are either property agents or insurance salesman trying to sell gullible ppl dreams.

Damn this forum is losing its integrity..sad....

PS: You are not rich if you include your other spouse wealth. You mean to say your wife is just a wealth generating tool and she doesn't need money to retire also?