Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Assistant Director position in Government Agencies
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 08:06 AM
Unregistered

I thot the bigger issue is the pay, rather than the title?

I am in the Pte sector (engineering) and I constantly benchmark my pay with those of my classmates who are in the CS or stat boards. I am not holding any fancy management title but pay wise I find my annual remuneration is on par if not more than theirs. Some are DDs which they said are superscale grade with at least $14k pm.

Below, I copied from some other forum on the CS pay scale for 2011. By now the salaries should be much higher.

2011 Civil Service Salary Range

Job grade: MX9 (Superscale)
Job title: Deputy Director, Director
Pay scale: S$10,580 – S$14,550 / S$14,551 – S$16,540

Job grade: MX10
Job title: Assistant Director, Deputy Director
Pay scale: S$6,350 – S$9,050 / S$9,051 – S$10,400

Job grade: MX11
Job title: Manager, Assistant Director
Pay scale: S$4,100 – S$6,160 / S$6,161 – S$7,190

Job grade: MX12
Job title: Assistant Manager, Manager
Pay scale: S$2,550 – S$5,130

Job grade: MX13
Job title: Management Executive
Pay scale: up to S$2,800 for fresh graduates

The salary ranges indicate the basic monthly wages that a civil servant may earn, and the figures exclude the potential value of civil service bonuses. Based on past newspaper reports, bonuses for an average civil servant could range from more than 2 months to 4 months inclusive of AWS (annual wage supplement), depending on the performance of the economy and individual performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
Hi,

I am considering to apply for Assistant Director/Associate position in MAS IT Division.
Can anyone tell me whether this is a junior position or considered middle management?
I have 7.5 years experience as a IT systems administrator and about 3 years Project Management.

Also, is the title the same across government agencies?
Meaning AD@MAS = AD@People's Association/MOH/HSA etc.