Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Unhappy in new job
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinnous View Post
Thanks for the reply. Yes, other than the stiff culture, everyone's pretty okay. Just that they just keep to themselves. And I feel pressured too because they stayed back late almost everyday to work while I leave on the dot. It makes me feel uncomfortable because it seemed like I should stay too. This industry is supposed to be a family oriented company.

I spoke to my hb and he said I should learn to adapt. But having said that, he knows I'm unhappy with the work culture. I'm not calling it quits yet because I still need to feed myself.

Just want to know if anyone found a new job after two weeks on a new job and what did you say to your new employers.
Unless you are a hot potato well known in your profession, I doubt you are going to clinch an offer in the next 1-2 mths or so. Better to make do with what you have and just patiently trudge along waiting for a good offer.

Btw, your "joke" to people you hardly know is done in bad taste. Unless its the kind of industry where everyone knows everyone will be going off in a year or 2, you really shouldn't say this kind of thing. It could get you in trouble in all sorts of places.

As for going off on time, you can try to continue do it, but be alert for any negative reaction. You don't want a case of getting terminated during probation w/o any job at hand, this will just make looking for the next job harder.