Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Unhappy in new job
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinnous View Post
Thanks for the reply. Yes, other than the stiff culture, everyone's pretty okay. Just that they just keep to themselves. And I feel pressured too because they stayed back late almost everyday to work while I leave on the dot. It makes me feel uncomfortable because it seemed like I should stay too. This industry is supposed to be a family oriented company.

I spoke to my hb and he said I should learn to adapt. But having said that, he knows I'm unhappy with the work culture. I'm not calling it quits yet because I still need to feed myself.

Just want to know if anyone found a new job after two weeks on a new job and what did you say to your new employers.
I hated my current job after 1 week. I knew immediately the culture is not a match for me...though contrary to your case I prefer a more 'strict', quiet type of environment and the environment of my job is quite relaxed and lots of small talk and joking around during work, which I hate, and can't get along on the same wavelength as most of my colleagues.

I tried to look for other jobs since then, but didn't quit. It's been around 8 months and I only had around 5 interviews/written tests and only 1 offer. It's a tough job market now, but also depends on your industry I guess.