Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Unhappy in new job
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 11:42 AM

Jinnous is on a distinguished road
Default Unhappy in new job

I recently changed job and 1 week into the job my lady boss spoke to me about some pointers and I got a shock about 1 thing which she mentioned. She said that she doesn't want me to bring any backstabbing and politicking to her office. And that she would not hesitate to issue me a warning letter if Im found to have done it.

I'm pretty perturbed because I was just 5 days into the job and I have not spoken anything except some chats during lunch with my new colleagues. After I tried to think back, I'm not sure if my colleagues were offended with what I said over one part. We were just chatting how long I worked in my ex-comp and they in their current jobs. Most have worked over 14 years. (I'm in the education industry) so out of curiosity I asked why didn't they look for jobs? And since they don't have children there's no liabilities. I meant it as a discussion like they were joking it was a 7 year itch for me because I left after having stayed 7 years with my ex-comp. is this a norm? I mean talking to newbies about backstabbing and politicking. And could it be someone carried tales back to the boss? But wouldn't that look like backstabbing too?

Also, I realized Im not really happy in my current job. From where I come from, we were quite flexible and noisy environment. But my current workplace, the boss is quite strict, esp with punctuality and other things and I find that it's very restrictive. And I didn't know the environment is so serious either. I tried to make small talk but it seemed we are unable to click. I'm probably the youngest employee there.

I'm starting to look for a job but I know it looks pretty ugly on my resume that I'm looking for a job just two weeks into a new job. Is it advisable or should I bite and stick to at least 3 months? I'm trying to stay positive but it's pretty demoralizing hearing that from my boss.