Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Has anyone been publicly criticized / humiliated by superior before?
View Single Post
Old 30-11-2014, 11:11 PM

Nik is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I've been noticing your posts here in this forum and I think you aren't suitable for most corporate environment jobs based on what I can gauge about your personality. How do I know? Because I am somewhat similar to you, at least based on what I've seen from your posts.

You should consider something less cutthroat or competitive in nature...try government jobs (but also depends on which department) or maybe teaching (there's politics but generally lesser compared to corporate private coys).
Yes, now that I think about this, you may be just right.

Thinking back, the companies that I worked for in the past in which I can perform best all share 1 similar trait : the culture is very casual and/or family-oriented (ie: wife-and-husband company etc.). Either those, or the company has very few staff which results in minimal politics (less than 5 people).

The ones that I function the worst in all share a similar trait too : the corporate culture tends to be very strong and fast-paced, with a heavy emphasis on high performance.

Tks for helping me discover what kind of culture I fit best in, and will do my best to find companies which suits me better.

Tks again!
Nik