Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Has anyone been publicly criticized / humiliated by superior before?
View Single Post
Old 30-11-2014, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
As someone who has been devastated at a workplace. It is definitely not fun.

Fired from my first full time job after being humiliated for 2 weeks in the company.

Was pinpointed by my manager as he was unhappy I outshine him in a company competition. In our daily meetings, He made others shout at whatever I say. I try to reason, they straight shout and yell at me, looking at me fiercely. Like trying to make me resign. They went on for 2 weeks after which he sabotaged me to have a mistake in my work. He berated me then he brought the issue up to the senior manager, and later on a director was involved. The director did not give me a chance, was ruthless.

I think there were all friends of one another.

Wasn't given a chance to resign, straight fire.

Slipped into depression for 4 months, doctors recommend I see a psychiatrist. Felt hopeless. To make matters worst, my family berated me too.
If its a legit company, not those MLM bull, you can file a complaint with MOM. Especially since you have met a doctor. Meaning that you have proof of your depression. You can actually file a civil suit against that company.