Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Pharmacist
Thread: Pharmacist
View Single Post
Old 24-11-2014, 08:13 AM
Unregistered

Default A Singaporean perspective as a US pharmD student

Hi everyone, I've seen some of the interesting comment comparing SG pharmacist with U.S pharmacist. Getting into a US pharmacy school school is not easy. One has to have a very good GPA record as well as PCAT (Pharmacy College Admission Test) score. The reason I chose to study pharm D in the U.S mostly due to the high salary U.S pay their pharmacist on average ( 100K/yr). Most state college do not accept Foreign students as easily as local U.S students. As a result, foreign students in the U.S tends to apply to a private University. Studies in a pharmacy school is tedious and stressful depending on the pharmacy college. Most pharmacy college in the U.S runs a 4 years curriculum; however, there are some that runs on 3. I am in a 3 years accelerated Pharm D program in the State of Arizona. I have to study day and night , more than 10 hours each day of self studying to prepare for weekly exams. Each week I covered about 12 lectures. On some other weeks , I can cover up t 15 lectures + patient medication counselling, and presentation in class. Overall, the pharm D cirriculum is "crazy" ,but at the end of the day, it is worth it. In no time, I am will be earning much higher salary than the Pharmacist in Singapore.