Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 23-11-2014, 10:48 PM
Unregistered_101

You're right, reading my statement again the bottom bit is uncalled for (assuming its genuine), apologies to seekingadvice999.

But my core reasoning still stands, given your case its very clear cut. Inheritance tax was abolished since 08 which makes the process even smoother.

I handled part of my family inheritance work before 08, IRAS officers would accompany and open safe deposit boxes, some had joint names with people unknown to us and we couldn't contact. Some boxes had bearer shares, gold bullion to be evaluated etc, sometimes we would also worry wtf we find inside. Things seem quite straightforward for you, a mid 30's working professional should be able to handle it well.

If you're really lost go talk to a lawyer / financial advisory, this thread is mostly for TKSS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Aiyah, give the dude a break. The dude has already lost both parents.

It is not everyday that people will tell strangers that their parents both died, probably at relatively young age, as the dude is only in mid 30s. Dying at such relatively young ages could only be due to serious illnesses or accident. I believe it must be quite traumatic for the dude.

He is also stressed with sudden wealth, still grappling with large inheritance tax and lost as to what to next, so leave him be, if you cannot offer any good advise.