Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much $ do you give your parents every month?
View Single Post
Old 22-11-2014, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I agree this is a lot. I earn double but give $500. I have my own family, hse and 2 kids n maid.
Though my mum say not enough, she goes on holidays every mth. She and father works part time, though blue collar jobs. In sales. I assume my sibling (1) gives the lesser maybe 400. I can afford to give more but did not as my mother spends all her money on travelling and I can see they are not saving for retirement. Very sad and every reminder to them goes unheeded, worst I get suan for not paying for their holidays.
I am in a somewhat similar situation. Bought one parent precious metals but not the other. Because one would keep it while the other would probably pawn it and there it goes to karaoke, drinking, betting.... Wisdom does not always come with age. Some persons will never be able to hold and grow money. Too bad that I have one parent just like this. Then I have to adjust and give the money bit by bit so that the money will sustain my parent, but the parent will not be able to 'blow' away a big sum of money. Also considered giving the said parent NTUC vouchers instead of cash, but perhaps that is a bit mean.

Another way of thinking is that once the money is given, ignore what that parent does with the money. But I can't tolerate my money being used for frivolous things. My money should be used for the parents' day to day expenses and nice food, not betting.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app