Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Dilemma - accept job offer or further studies
View Single Post
Old 17-11-2014, 08:19 PM

stonehallow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfl View Post
If you are certain you will not want to work ever in the area of your first degree and if this Masters is one of those that allow you to bridge the gap and thus switch to a different profession, you might as well get started on the Masters. But you have to be really sure that your Masters would lead you to a career that you will enjoy. Life is too short to be working just for money without enjoying at least half of your job.

Sometimes work experience is the most useful thing to have to decide what your true passion is. Every job has tasks which you enjoy or hate. This can help point you the direction you should be going. If you grin and bear it, take the job, stay for a year or so and then decide what you really want to do and if the Masters is worth it. Just don't jump out of the frying pan until you know what you are jumping in to.

I feel for you. I have been in your shoes before and it's a tough choice. I chose to quit and do my MA and it was the best decision I ever made but that was because I found my calling.
Thanks for the response. All my logical brain cells are telling me it's insane to give up the job, especially in this economy.

Just curious, what did you do your MA in? And your previous and current jobs?