Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Service Year End Bonus.
View Single Post
Old 14-11-2014, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You guys really know to take things out of context.

The starting thread was on year end bonus for CS. And my answer was that the year end bonus is nothing to shout about. Typically it includes the 13th bonus and a quarter month more.

You guys then added / expanded topic to the whole year bonus and spiced it up with your off-target arguments.

Hope you guys are not working in the CS. Cannot read questions properly and anyhow hantam answers. If you guys are in CS, I can understand why public unhappy with CS answers to their questions.
Firstly, CS year end bonus excluding 1 month AWS was 1.1 month in 2013, meaning a total of 2.1 months. So I don't know where you get you AWS plus a quarter month more.

Secondly, if you want to narrow down to just "year end" bonus, many private companies only give AWS at the end of the year, and other variable bonuses are given at the end of fiscal year in March or April. So if that's the case, CS actually has a lot to shout about come end of the year compared to some private companies.

And hence, why in this case when I mention context, it's because it's pointless if you only compare year end without looking at the bigger picture.

Are you sure you are working in CS? Because I think if so you've just proved your own statement to be true.