Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Need advice on career as fresh graduate
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

Hi OP. I graduated with a pass degree too. NUS EE. about 2 years ago.

Took 8 months to find a job. Applied probably about 100-200 jobs. Went for around 20 interviews. Couldn't get a job.

Until I landed one job. Big MNC. IT related (basically nothing to do with with my field of study). starting 3.3k. Good bonus.

You can say maybe I got lucky. Maybe I did. But i feel that sometimes you just need to chance upon on interviewer who just likes you for who you are and the way your present yourself. Or it could be any other thing.

My point is, don't lose hope. It's not gonna be easy (which you already know) but it's still possible.

Just FYI, I am not the only one. I had friends same as me or ever worse GPA than me. All did end up finding jobs (2.8k to 3.2k starting). I also have a colleague who was just like me. NUS EE pass degree. And he excelled so well in his position that he's a year younger than me but earns more than me and has already been promoted.

Point is, don't lose hope. Keep looking. NETWORK! It helps. A lot. And like others have said, try and build your inner confidence. Good luck.