Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Losing money because of my new job. Advice Needed
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 01:00 AM

lungiboy is on a distinguished road
Default Losing money because of my new job. Advice Needed

Hi Guys,

I just started a new job for about 3 month, working in a transportation/ logistic company. I really like my job as it is very challenging and everyday is a learning experience to me. However, there is some management issues in my company. I'm not sure whether who is at fault. But i'm required to pay fines for my workers out of my own pocket.

Before I joined this company, a worker was issued a fine and didnt pay for it as he wanted to appeal for it . But my upperstudy who already left the company didnt help to appeal for that particular case, causing the fine to escalate to quite a big amount and because of that I as the worker's new superior had to fork out my own money to settle the fine which wasnt even my fault since the fine was issued last year.

Ultimately, I still paid the fine out of my own pocket because my assistant manager told me i can claim it through my big boss. However at the end of the day, when i tried to make a claim from my big boss , he told me that its my responsibility to pay for the fine out of my own pocket since im the worker's superior. Despite him knowing that it wasnt my fault at all.

Also, before i took up this job, I heard that there were 2 guys before me who were working in my position but both of them left less than 3 months into the job. This resulted in alot of misplacement of half-done documents and paperwork. And because of the loss of some documents, i had to retrieve back those that were very important. Replacing the documents also cost me quite a fair amount of money, as those documents are from some big agencies. Again, i paid for the retrieved of documents using my own money. Again i was told that i can try to make a claim from the company. But as expected, when i tried to make the claim from my boss. I was rejected again, he told me the same thing as before saying it was my responsibility to get back those documents.

To cut my long story short, i would like to seek advice from you guys on what i should do? Should i continue working in my current job or should i find a new job?

thank you cheers!