Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 30-10-2014, 10:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

thanks for the replies.

To the first respondent, I was a corporate rat for many years and made little progress with respect to wealth accumulation. I left that life in my mid 30s with perhaps 100k? of nett worth? I embarked on a few business, the first few wiped me out and more. Then I found one that worked and although it did not last very long (less than 3 years), I milked it for all it was worth.

When that business failed (it was a matter of time), I reinvested in a couple of other businesses and one did well. It wasn't really rocket science.

To the second respondent, yes, I do admire people who give back to society. I feel very fortunate as an individual and although I don't consider myself "rich", I mean there are loads of people on this forum and out there who have far more, I feel it's more than enough and it's time to give back to society.

I guess nett worth is only a number, I pursued it as I had certain goals, and now that's done, I think it's time I spend my time and energy giving back. It's how we live our lives and what good we do that matter more...at least to me...
Inspiring story. How much cash did you use to invest in your first few businesses?