Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 30-10-2014, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

thanks for the replies.

To the first respondent, I was a corporate rat for many years and made little progress with respect to wealth accumulation. I left that life in my mid 30s with perhaps 100k? of nett worth? I embarked on a few business, the first few wiped me out and more. Then I found one that worked and although it did not last very long (less than 3 years), I milked it for all it was worth.

When that business failed (it was a matter of time), I reinvested in a couple of other businesses and one did well. It wasn't really rocket science.

To the second respondent, yes, I do admire people who give back to society. I feel very fortunate as an individual and although I don't consider myself "rich", I mean there are loads of people on this forum and out there who have far more, I feel it's more than enough and it's time to give back to society.

I guess nett worth is only a number, I pursued it as I had certain goals, and now that's done, I think it's time I spend my time and energy giving back. It's how we live our lives and what good we do that matter more...at least to me...