Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 26-10-2014, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

LOL, really clueless.

Reminded me of a guy saying what's the big deal about marathons. He was telling or rather boasting to his friends that he will complete the 42km marathon in 5hrs for sure because he will run for 10km at 10km/hr and walk for 5km at 5km/hr and repeat the cycle till he finish the 42 km. in reality? He dropped out of the race after 21 km.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My wife and I are both 50. We are working professionals who have worked hard to accumulate our wealth. We are now generating a passive income of $80k pa. We plan to retire in 5 years time as we no longer need to care for our grown up kids or old folks. By then, we would have accumulate more wealth and hence able to generate a passive income of $130k pa. As we are debt free (car and condo paid up) and we live a middle class lifestyle, our projected expenses would be only $60k pa in 5 years time.

We plan to do these during our retirement:

1. Travel the world, will be away one month per year. Will travel during non peak seasons to take advantage of cheap flights and hotels.

2. Keeping fit with gym exercise and swimming.

3. Learn to cook exotic dishes.

4. Reading, lots of reading.

5. Volunteer in charities.

6. Watching movies, catch up on the many movies we missed due to our busy work schedule.

7. Write a book.

8. Attend AGMs of companies in our stocks portfolio.

9. Give free tuition to poor students.

10. Go bowling, golfing, camping and trekking.

I think our retirement will be full of fun and activities. I don't understand why some people say they don't know what to do with their retirement years. They must be boring people in the first place.